Plug your keyboard to test your MIDI connection and check the message that appears below.
To use the MIDI connection test on your piano or keyboard, follow these steps:
1 – Go to this page from one of the following browsers: Google Chrome, Opera or Microsoft Edge.
2 – Connect your keyboard to your device to test the MIDI web connection. The connection is made via a MIDI-USB cable.
3 – Once the connection is established, look at the message that appears. If the message remains the same as before you connected your piano (“No MIDI input detected, plug in a MIDI keyboard” ), it means that your MIDI connection is not recognized by the browser. If the message changes to “MIDI keyboard detected, you can now use the La Touche Musicale piano learning app”, it means that your MIDI connection has been recognized. You can now connect your piano to your device to use MIDI software like La Touche Musicale.
Sometimes the MIDI web connection is not recognized by the browser. Sometimes the MIDI web connection is not recognized by the browser.
– You perform the test on one of the following browsers: Google Chrome, Opera or Microsoft Edge. Other browsers such as Safari or Mozilla Firefox do not support this MIDI connection technology.
– Your piano or keyboard may require a driver to be installed on your device. Indeed, some keyboard models (usually older models) require the installation of a driver to be recognized by the device to which it is connected. To do this, simply consult the technical documentation of your piano on the Internet, which can often be downloaded from the official website of its manufacturer (Yamaha, Korg, Alesis, etc.). You can also use a specific Google search to find it. For example, you can type the name of your piano model followed by “driver” on Google. You can easily find information on this subject. Always use the documentation on the manufacturer’s official website when looking for a driver.
– If you perform this MIDI test from an iOS device (iPhone or iPad), the connection will not be recognized. This is because iOS blocks Web MIDI technology on all its devices. You must then perform the test from an Android device or a computer (Mac or Windows, both work).
– Your MIDI-USB cable may be defective. MIDI-USB cables sold on the internet are often cheap and some of them may be defective. They do not provide a good connection between your piano/keyboard and the device you are using. In this case, the best thing to do is to refer to the notes of the different models present on the websites. Take a good look at the customer reviews of each cable model and choose those with good reviews.
– It is possible that your connection via the cable was made incorrectly during the test. If you are testing via a round-ended MIDI-USB cable, make sure that you have connected the “IN” connector of your cable to the “OUT” connector of your piano, or vice versa (“OUT” to “IN”). If you plug the “IN” into the “IN” or the “OUT” into the “OUT”, the connection cannot be made.
La Touche Musicale is an app that allows you to learn the piano online. Connect your piano via USB and easily learn over 2,500 songs.
A MIDI connection allows you to connect your piano or keyboard to your computer’s tools. The MIDI data is transferred from your instrument to your device (computer, talbette, smartphone, …) and you can then record the notes and chords you make. The connection is made via a MIDI-USB cable.
To take this test, you will need:
– A computing device (smartphone, tablet, computer) with an internet connection;
– A piano or keyboard with a MIDI connection;
– A MIDI-USB cable to make the connection between the two devices.
To perform this test, you must first go to one of the following browsers: Google Chrome, Opera or Microsoft Edge. Once on one of these browsers, connect your piano or MIDI keyboard to your device. Then check that the recognition message appears on the page. If this is the case, your instrument has been recognized and you can use it in MIDI from any kind of software (MAO, piano learning app, …).
Your device may not be recognized. Make sure you are on Google Chrome or Opera, that you are not performing the MIDI test on an iOS device, that your MIDI cable is not defective, that your piano model does not require a driver to be installed, or that your cable connections have been properly configured.
Once your MIDI web test is passed, you can use your piano or keyboard on any MAO learning software or application. For example, on the La Touche Musicale app you can connect your instrument to MIDI to interact with the app and learn the piano at your own pace by playing the notes and chords of thousands of songs on the piano. The app waits for you to play the right notes on your connected piano before moving on to the next notes.
With La Touche Musicale, learning piano online has never been so easy and fun.
Connect your piano or keyboard via a MIDI-USB cable and enjoy thousands of interactive piano lessons.
Try it, it’s free and without obligation!